Pics and build of our family project!!!

stubbie1111

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2016
Hey everyone,
We are Brand New to BYC and wanted to share some pics of our chicken coop build which is currently our family project. My wife and kids are Sooooo excited and we can't wait to finish it up to give some birds a new home and put them to work helping provide our family with some nutritious eggs. I'm sure I will have a TON of questions on tons of different subjects from predators to mites, to how many chickens I should get...... Any and All input would be Greatly appreciated. I will continue to add pictures as the build goes along.......Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

Kevin

Thanks for the reply.... We got some more built today but did not have daylight left to take the pics.... More pics Coming soon!!!! :)

Kevin,

You have this ALL wrong. You are supposed to buy the chicks and imprison them and yourself in your house for months on end because it's taking forever to get their coop done because you didn't consider that they would ever get any bigger than when you first bought the little fuzz balls. :D

Seriously, nice work and nice pre-planning on building first and then buying the chicks!! Some important factors to consider and to plan for are things such as plenty of permanent ventilation, windows, storage for feed and such. I'm assuming that part of the structure will be the coop and part will be the run? It's also helpful to put your general location in your profile so we know your climate. Keep having fun with it!!

Kevin,

You have this ALL wrong. You are supposed to buy the chicks and imprison them and yourself in your house for months on end because it's taking forever to get their coop done because you didn't consider that they would ever get any bigger than when you first bought the little fuzz balls.
big_smile.png

Seriously, nice work and nice pre-planning on building first and then buying the chicks!! Some important factors to consider and to plan for are things such as plenty of permanent ventilation, windows, storage for feed and such. I'm assuming that part of the structure will be the coop and part will be the run? It's also helpful to put your general location in your profile so we know your climate. Keep having fun with it!!
Hahaha.... Thanks Terry!!!
No, we agreed previously that we would build the coop prior to getting the chickens.....:) Thanks for all the input and factors to consider..... Windows will eventually come, and ventilation shouldn't be a problem as you will see in the following pictures that inside the screened in area at the top there is a large gap for air flow..... there are various holes throughout the coop that still need boards and trim.... finally followed by paint...... oh and doors....yes doors are important..... oh and I will be adding a stronger wire at the bottom... oh and ....oh and..... It never stops!!! :) Thanks again for all your helpful input!!!
Kevin

Ok all,
As promised..... here are some follow-up pictures.... Yes there are still lots of holes that still need boards, chicken wire, doors, windows, more protection at the base of the coop, etc, etc.... plus paint and so on and so on. Here ya go!!!!
big_smile.png
Oh and I've had some ask..... we are located in Southeastern Georgia!!!

Back
Top Bottom