Pics and build of our family project!!!

You passed me stubbie. It looks good so far. I'm going to start my rafters today. I'm trying to finish it as much as possible before I put the walls on. Mine is a tractor and I will not fit inside. I may put a small swing in the run. I have an old bicycle chain and some wood scraps. I'll be glad when I have my garage back.

I hear ya!!! I will be so glad when I am done!!!! Today I didn't get to work on it at all as I had to help some family. Tomorrow I have some yard work but hopefully tomorrow evening I can get something done on it. Things may slow down though, because I have some more work to do to help my family. and I know it's against everything that everyone on here believes in, but family comes before the chickens!!! hahahahhaha lol!!!
lau.gif
As I get more updates I will let you know....Thanks for all the pics, updates..... and to those who are building with me (at the same time) Good Luck..... I hope you Getter Done!!!

I love the look of your coop and how it is a family affair. I just want to say before you get too far along that you might want to think about using hardware cloth instead of chicken wire on your run. Chicken wire keeps chickens in but not predators out. They can go right through it. I would hate for all your hard work and your chickens to be destroyed with one visit from a raccoon or some such.

Last edited:
I love the look of your coop and how it is a family affair. I just want to say before you get too far along that you might want to think about using hardware cloth instead of chicken wire on your run. Chicken wire keeps chickens in but not predators out. They can go right through it. I would hate for all your hard work and your chickens to be destroyed with one visit from a raccoon or some such.
Thanks for the info..... We actually bought some heaver 14 gauge welded wire fencing that is 3 feet tall that we were going to put along the bottom as well for two layers of protection. Do you think that would work ok?

Back
Top Bottom