Pics and build of our family project!!!

Thanks everyone,
I painted the trim on the coop yesterday and was going to try to finish the painting up today but it looked as if the weather was going to be bad so I held off.... if things look up tomorrow I will get some more pics for you.
Kevin

NIOCE!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
great job and family projects are always the best!!!!! look forward to seeing more as I get ready for my build
wee.gif

OK EVERYONE......... LOOK WHAT THE CHICKEN STORK BROUGHT US!!!! October the 6th they will be 5 months old.... they just started laying either last week or the week before. We paid for ten but only made it home with nine as the excitement caused us to miss count....... that's OK though as the gentleman we bought them from was super nice and he may bring one by this weekend or we will pick it up. We will have a total of 8 Red Comets and 2 White Leg Horns. They had a TON of room before to roam but now they are in a much smaller space.....The barn or shed they were in before was pretty rough and now they probably feel like they are in a Hyatt Regency Suites......so hopefully they will be happy......Anyway the pics are before the chickens were in the coop, us going to get the chickens and then pics of them finally at home..... more pics of the chickens and the coop to come..... Enjoy!
celebrate.gif

OK Everyone....... Here we go..... got the painting of the coop all done and here are a few more pics of the chickens. What do you all think?

OK Everyone....... Here we go..... got the painting of the coop all done and here are a few more pics of the chickens. What do you all think?

I really love the colour you chose. It's not too bright and contrasting, but still gives the coop a barny feel, especially with the door.

I wanted to ask: What's that little covered bit of the run for?

Last edited:
I really love the colour you chose. It's not too bright and contrasting, but still gives the coop a barny feel, especially with the door.

I wanted to ask: What's that little covered bit of the run for?

Hey.... thanks for the compliments on the colors. My beautiful wife picked them out for us and I too think she did a fabulous job. As far as the little covered bit you asked about...... I believe you are referring to the hatch or a small door on the backside of the run..... this is were we made an entry point for the kids so they could get in there and turn the soil or refill there water or food etc...etc... If you look at some previous pictures earlier in the post you can see a better picture of it....
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom