Pics around my coop. Summer 2011. Coop finally enclosed!

Pharm Girl

Songster
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Hi all,
Sorry if you've seen my coop before. I got so excited about it I posted pictures a few months ago before it was done. Now it is done and such a nice day, I took some more pics. Here they are..

75545_img_0640.jpg

Got ventilation?
75545_img_0641.jpg

75545_img_0643.jpg

I screwed in some hardware cloth through the middle opening so I didn't have to close it all up at night.
75545_img_0644.jpg

The run is 6' x 3' and totally attached and enclosed. That way I don't have to put the ramp up at night. They can let themselves out in the morning and I can let them into the bigger open area when I wake up.
75545_img_0645.jpg

I have a banana tree growing in the run for shade, but since I only transplanted it this summer, it has taken a while to root in. Next year it will get 30+ feet and provide nice shade. I have a segment of wire animal cage protecting it. Tilly, would you get off the window sill?!?!
75545_img_0638.jpg

It's all about decorating right?
75545_img_9470.jpg

75545_img_9454.jpg

75545_img_9451.jpg

Last edited:
Wow , I am envious, at the entire thing, but a bananna tree....can I come visit? LOVE banannas !!LOVE chcikens !!! LOL really a great job!!!

Great coop architecture
thumbsup.gif
And such a nice tropical setting. You ought to have some happy chickens
D.gif
Looks like one of them is about to come in to watch TV threw your window lol

Quote:
I love rural Mid California and have always wanted to live there (and plan on spending my retirement years there!) I have spent 12 years trying to create a tropical feel in my Oregon backyard. Guess it's working! Thanks guys. Please come visit any time! I have to cull my banana trees as they grow like weeds. I offer them to anyone who visits!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom