1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics for today and chatting about them

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by destinduck, Jan 15, 2014.

1. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Cinnamon teal[​IMG][​IMG] Canvasback male in with the redheads
    [​IMG]
    white-faced and black bellied treeducks fussing at each other Fulvous and Cuban treeducks size comparision

[​IMG] Red head[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Gorgeous!

3. Avlana

Avlana Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I love viewing pictures of ornamental fowl :) Very pretty birds. Thanks for sharing!

4. BYC-user-174785

BYC-user-174785 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Great pictures destinduck! I love the ground level pictures of the tree ducks!

5. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Thanks yall. I got a ducks eye view on those Blue lol! I made this thread for chatting about Ornamentals and of course for the taking and sharing pics of their birds or wild birds whenever they feel like. Hopefully everyone enjoys it.

6. kelseyc

kelseyc Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2014
    How did you acquire all those jaw-dropping ducks? I have been very interested in ornamentals. Maybe you could share some knowledge? [​IMG]

7. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Welcome to BYC kelseyc. It is very easy. It is best to buy in fall or ealy winter. You can still find alot right now. You can buy these birds at GBWF or softbills for sale websites. Learn all you can and get your pens all set up before you buy, There are beautiful birds that are very cheap in price. Just some of these are manderins, wood ducks , the pictured fulvous treeducks,[​IMG]

cinnamon teal and the redheads These few will run you about 60-80 dollars. The pretty bird in the front is a Manderin.

8. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    [​IMG]
    Heres a little better pic. I only have a trio now, This is a older pic.

9. RingedTeal

RingedTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Georgiana,Alabama
    The pair of Ringed Teal I got for $50. Fixing to get a spare male for $20 and also getting a hen from Mallard Lane Farms later this year.
    [​IMG]

10. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Nice pair. I love the sounds they make and also the sound of their wistling wings when they fly around my pen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by