Pics!! Is this normal for EE??

I see tiny muffs but no beard. I have had EE with neither, also the ones I have had with legs that weren't green didn't lay green or blue eggs. They laid tinted or brown eggs. I hatched them so I knew what color eggs they had come from but if they didn't have green legs they didn't have green eggs. It should matter she should still be a good layer.

Last edited:
I'm far from an expert on the subject, but now that I see the pic, it looks like she has a single comb vs a pea comb and from my understanding the blue egg color gene and the pea comb go hand in hand. So I do think it's a female, but probably lay a brown egg, as other posters have stated, so she probably wouldn't qualify for the EE-SOP (standard of perfection), lol!!!

Quote:
Easter Eggers don't have a SOP. They're mutts. Any chicken with a blue egglaying ancestor is an EE.

It's normal for a portion of Easter Egger crosses - EE x Brown egger. I've had a EE without muffs or a beard, and two that had yellow legs. They all layed green eggs except for one with the yellow legs, she had a pea comb. It's most probably she'll lay pink/tinted/brown eggs.

Wow, I am SO glad I asked! This is very interesting, and it makes me that much more eager to see what kind of eggs she lays! How fun! She does have a single comb, yellow legs, and she is 1/8th bigger than the other chickens. So I was curious what sort of cross she might be. It is fun to hear some of the experts hypothesize about it:pop
BTW what does a tinted egg look like- is it beige?

Quote:
One of my EE hens - the one from Ideal hatchery - is WAY bigger then all the other hens in weight. She's 9 pounds. Not all tall, but boy is she HEAVY.

Yep - either light beige, or maybe a few shades lighter.

this looks nothing like my ee..
64479_100_1282.jpg

64479_100_1272.jpg

Back
Top Bottom