Pics of Embden goslings?

Very Nice and helpful. Would you think that the light beaked gosling in the middle of this pic looks very much the same?
IMG_3297.jpg

Sorry, I'm no expert in this area (not even close), totally new to geese... they all look the same through my untrained eyes.

Embden goslings, when hatched, look pretty much like any other gosling: grey and yellow. They don't always look like that, I hatched one that was totally yellow, like a leghorn chick
lol.png
But at 6 weeks, they still don't have very many feathers, so it is very possible that it was just an embden that was a grey baby
smile.png

Not to get your hopes up (or down?
hmm.png
) but it seems like my geese (females) have lighter bills than the males....so that might be a cause?

If you're up to trading, I've got 3 baby chinese or africans (don't know for sure) that I would love to trade you for some of those embdens!
big_smile.png

So shelly you think its possible that the grey ones might molt in white and be Embden? If I end up with a bad male/female ratio I might need to trade. I want to vent sex them but what I read says they need to be calm and I dont think mine are tame enough to be calm when flipped over. I dont wan to stress them too much.
Matt

No, vent sexing should only be done when they are real little, like less than a week old. If you tried to do it now you'd probably hurt them. The ones that look grey will stay grey, the ones that look kind of white with grey baby fluff on them will probably molt out white.

Back
Top Bottom