pics of my Cochin with no neck muscles

ma hen

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 30, 2009
N.H.
hello my baby cochine was born with no proper neck muscles, he is growing i feel for him/her any help? i have been giving it chick starter and vitamin b. that seems to helping it to get stronger on some days . ijust up loaded some pics but not sure how to post them,

32910_100_4983.jpg
p
hmm.png
/www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/32910_100_4983.jpg[/img]

here are the pics of my cochin chic i hope they post right

i was wondering that, i thought maybe someone could give me an idea, eats and drinks but i do not know when it gets bigger, the pic does not show how big it really it is.

yeah, if you could find something like an ace bandage or vetrap that you could cut it might work.

i had to do it to one of my older pullets when she had a concussion and couldn't support her head for a few days.

with a chick that small you may have to use a chick chair method till its neck is stronger. here's a link i got a few days ago from someone else on here. http://sites.google.com/a/larsencreek.com/chicken-orthopedics/leg-braces

Wow, thanks for the link. I never heard of chicken chairs before, etc. Wish someone could gather all these great links into one book for easy use.

yeah. i wish i had seen this months ago when i had a couple of chicks hatched with curled toes. now i have that site bookmarked in case of anything else i'll need to fix on my own.

I dont want to upset anyone and please forgive me BUT:
maybe it would be better to cull the little thing so that it is not suffering?.... just a suggestion... if it was born with a deformity then it will have a up hill battle that may not be a great life...

Back
Top Bottom