Pic's of my "girls" getting bigger

Mrs. Green Thumbs

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Santa Maria, California
If any body has a strong feeling that they are male or female Id love to hear from ya. Otherwise Here's some chicky pic's!

I had to make it quick when snapping these photos so please excuse the quality

Rose our RIR and the largest, most greedy little piggy EVER!
52977_rose_2.jpg

52977_rose.jpg

Violet is a BR & our possible Roo based on her behavior. She will peck at my dog through the window I put in the brooder.
52977_vi.jpg

52977_violet.jpg

This here is Stripy, our new little addition to the group. We think she is an EE but not sure
52977_stripy.jpg

52977_stripy_2.jpg

52977_stripy_3.jpg

Here is Lilly our other BR girl. She is inquisitive like Violet but much calmer and easy going.
52977_lilly.jpg

52977_lilly_2.jpg

And last but not least our sick little girl Jasmin the EE. She has some sort of weird thing going on that no one can figure out, she also has developed an upper resperatory problem. She is separated from the other girls but in a place they can still see one another. We are all very sad about her as she is all of our fav.
52977_jaz.jpg

52977_jazzy.jpg

Aaaaand just for kicks our improved brooder box

With the window open
(yes I know... I got a little crazy with the cheese wiz as my DH would say)
52977_s5030826.jpg

With the window closed. I wanted to give the girls something to look out into the living room because duh it sucks being stuck in a box even if it is a big one. Then I realized it would be a bad idea to leave the window open the chicks were a bit obsessive about the window and my dog just would be so tense sitting there watching them so we made a flap that is secured with more duck tape to keep it down when we can't supervise.
52977_s5030827.jpg

And here you see Violet enjoying the window. We usually have at least 2 if not 3 girls sitting there watching us. They seem to be calmer when we walk through that room as well now that they can see us coming.
52977_s5030829.jpg

Here's the inside. We used old recycled window screens to keep them from flying out and separated but still in view of our sick chick. and as a side note Jasmin's problem are with a physical disability from birth not infectious type thing. Her problem is with the umbilical cord.
52977_s5030828.jpg

I think your safe with Violet, barred rocks are easy to sex as early as two weeks old. Roos have more white barring in their wings, less black on their legs... oh, and quick to get combs.

I can't help with the id part (except that your EE looks like ours), but I do want to comment on the phenomenal duct-tape job on the brooder! Crazy with the Cheez Whiz, indeed, but it looks good!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I do have an explanation... I had taped the window up there with much less gusto... I woke up JUST in time to see my BR Violet hop out onto the window and into the other side with Jasmin.... while my Chihuahua looked at me like "I did NOT do that". The tape had slipped down over night and popped off JUST as I had woken up enough to hear it. I took no chances with the second round of tape-a-thon lol. But thanks lol.

Back
Top Bottom