Pics of my shed that I want to convert

Say-ruh,
I think it is a fantastic thing to have to work with. Many many of us would have been overjoyed to have such a great start.

Back when I started building things I did not have YouTube or even a computer to look things up with. Learned the hard way a lot or found myself hanging about people who knew things I wanted to learn.

You can do this! It is after all just wood and nails.

I was looking at your pics of the doors more. Not so bad really. Each side won't be so heavy. They are made of siding material so won't weigh much.

A trick I learned.... Grab several paint stir sticks while at Home Depot (they are free) to set the door on while you are re-securing it to the coop. It will allow you to set the bottom gap so the door does not drag. It also helps hold the door up so you don't have to try and hold it while putting screws in. I tend to grab a couple stir sticks even when not getting paint.

Don't worry, you seem to have self motivation and determination. You will get it done and learn along the way.
:old:thumbsup

AND the biggest part is that it is already made :)
All you need to do if Fix.
21Hens is right, there were no You tube when I was young either.
I too suggest the Roof first ! Watch a bunch of videos on it. Not all will have what you are looking for and there are several ways to do things.
If it wasn't for the Interwebs I would not have found this site, nor PVC feeders or any other fun things :) :) :)

OH and one of the Best parts is that they coop is already in a shady area ;) you will need that in NC

Say-ruh,
I think it is a fantastic thing to have to work with. Many many of us would have been overjoyed to have such a great start.

Back when I started building things I did not have YouTube or even a computer to look things up with. Learned the hard way a lot or found myself hanging about people who knew things I wanted to learn.

You can do this! It is after all just wood and nails.

I was looking at your pics of the doors more. Not so bad really. Each side won't be so heavy. They are made of siding material so won't weigh much.

A trick I learned.... Grab several paint stir sticks while at Home Depot (they are free) to set the door on while you are re-securing it to the coop. It will allow you to set the bottom gap so the door does not drag. It also helps hold the door up so you don't have to try and hold it while putting screws in. I tend to grab a couple stir sticks even when not getting paint.

Don't worry, you seem to have self motivation and determination. You will get it done and learn along the way.
:old:thumbsup

Excellent tip on the paint sticks!

Excellent tip on the paint sticks!
Yep, you can break them and stack them for the right height...
.....or get some wedge shims.

Another tip for working alone is having some clamps to hold up one end of whatever(and other things)...or screw a block of wood in to hold up one end, and one of those paint stick sections to hold it from falling off the block.

Back
Top Bottom