Pics of our goats

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
The first pic is of Clyde whom I hope is going to be the daddy of the soon to ba kids in the very near future. He is such a does man. :0

Vacation2008019.jpg

Vacation2008018.jpg

Here is a pic of our pregnant Bonnie. We think she will be delivering somtime next month. We are unable to determine as to when Clyde may have gotton ahold of her, so we are sayin it will be Nov. to Dec. since we have had her since July.

Vacation2008022.jpg

Vacation2008021.jpg

Hope she has babys soon. She looks about as big(belly size) as my girl-Zelda. We got her in the very beginning of August . She is 1 1/2 years old. Never been around a male until she came here. And of course Houdini had to welcome her right way (after her speration time). So I am hoping for babies in the near future!!!!

Your goats are very cute...
Love there names too..

He's handsome! He reminds me of my Dawg (may he RIP)...he was colored just like that, except Dawg was fixed...so no facial hair! Is that called wethered in goat talk??

Now we have two black and white Pygmy girls, but one had a baby die in birth the other day, the other one is due any day now.....
fl.gif

Nice goats.

Tina

Quote:
Thanks, Clyde is a cutie. Sorry to hear about the little baby, what happened? I pray that doesn't happen here. This is Bonnie's first pregnancy. I am gonna try and watch her very closely. And I am prayin gfor twins, one like Clyde and one like Bonnie. Little mini-me's.
lau.gif

Quote:
Im not sure what happened, we werent home. The baby was too big and not coming out, its head was out and it was stuck and already dead. I could not deliver it, but my DH helped and we got her out. Poor baby. Mom seems okay, I am keeping an eye on her for infection, but she is up running around, eating like a pig (as usual) and playing with her very preggers sister....I suspect that these sisters are actually too young to be bred. I have read that it can cause a lot of problems for the female if she is bred to young, and I really think they are only about a year old if that themselves.
Thats the only advice I can give, keep a close eye on them, and dont let them breed too young, they are not big enough or mature enough to deliver, it is really sad.

Sorry to hijack your thread - I really do love your Clyde...he really does look like my naughty beast Dawg, who used to run after my three wheeler, and I finally had to pen him up because he kept taking my potbelly pig over to the neighbors yard and eating their pets food. He really was like a dog (Hmmm, why was his name Dawg?) to our family for a number of years....
Tina

Back
Top Bottom