Pics of our new coop

jstkiddn,

True breed Araucanas do not have tails. http://www.araucana.net/ see The Araucana Club of America link

That said, most hatcheries sell birds they call Araucana but in fact they are basically Easter Eggers (mutts). I love my EEs they both lay a pretty blue green egg. Usually because the EEs are mutts they come in an endless array of beautiful colors, especially the roosters.

BTW your coop is beautiful both inside and out. It's attractive and neat looking. Great job!

Last edited:
That is a great coop, I love it! If you don't mind my asking, how much was the coop part to build. We have dog fence also and I was just going to butt up a coop on one side of it. I am trying to figure size and cost. How many chickens does it hold?

Quote:
To be honest? I have no idea. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.

Hubby is a contractor/builder and I think he went overboard (as usual). I have no doubt one could build pretty much the same coop MUCH, MUCH cheaper than Mr.-Everything-Must-Be-Straight-Level-and-Perfect.
roll.png

Quote:
Thanks for the info!! I'm going to try to get some pics of my more questionable birds and see if you guys can help me identify them. It doesn't really matter I guess, but I'm curious to know exactly what we have.

I hope my rooster doesn't get mean because he is CRACKING ME UP with the crowing!! The way he flaps his wings...LOL!! Love it!!
big_smile.png

I've been making a point to catch and hold him every day. Hopefully that will help some.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom