***PICS***Wass going on with the button quail?? ***PICS***

Serama

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta, CANADA
Heyya everyone im just wondering whats going on with my 2 month old button quail... i just put them in with the 2 serama (1 is a week old and the other is 3 days old) i had the two serama by them selves with food and water in a brooder the buttons were out in the garage with a light also a 100W infared.. and the serama were with a 40W little white light dimmed to 3/4 .... the buttons are running around the new aquairium trying to get out and they have their mouth open and under their chin vibrating... does this mean there to cold or too hot or something... there on the warm side... pics coming in a few min.

HERES WHERE I HAD THE SERAMA FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS. (by there selves
DSCF2399.jpg

A SHOT OF THE NEW SET UP WITH THE TWO B QUAIL AND THE TWO SERAMA
DSCF2418.jpg

THE SERAMA SLEEPING... SEEM TO BE FINE...

DSCF2419.jpg

THEN THE TWO BUTTON QUAIL YOU CAN SEE THE FAR ONES MOUTH IS OPEN... YOU'D THINK THEYD BE TO HOT BUT WHY ARE THEY UNDER THE LIGHT... WHERE I HAD THE BUTTON FOR THE PAST WEEK THEY HAD THAT IDENTICAL LIGHT AND IT WAS EVEN CLOSER SO I DONT KNOW JUST HOPE THERE OK.

DSCF2420.jpg

Last edited:
You might want to put some rocks or marbles or something in the waterer so that they dont fall in and drown....

Maybe put them in the little box-house? Seems like they are hot for some reason to me...

Last edited:
thanks BGS and citalk2much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good info aviator lol dont ask.... they seem ok now but they are spazzez the serama are all chill and junk.... there trying to sleep and the buttons are jumping on them lol, yea the serama and buttons are eating almost constantly and the occasional drink... lol

**edited to remove profanity.**

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the lights to low or high... its a 100W infared... dang think just pumps out the heat and sucks the power.... (24/7)

LOLOL VERY TRUE.... There all happy now. I bought some vitamins for "small birds" multivitamin and put it in the water. Any of you want serama/ have serama??

Back
Top Bottom