Picture of Well Bred Silver Laced Wyandotte Rooster

Quote:
How true! It's MUCH easier to get good conformation when you don't have to worry about the "defined" coloration of your birds' variety.

But then...seeing a REALLY good example of a barred or laced bird makes it all the more awesome.

Ms. Lewis Rich wrote:
Jerry she is just beautiful.
How do you breed the black? Is it just black to black? Do you have a picture of your black?

I dont want to hijack anyones thread but, I get some large fowl black wyandottes out of my blues...however I got my Black rooster from Jim at Royal Oaks Waterfowl, he has nice yellow shanks and feet. My blacks tend to have alot of black in the shanks which is not correct.. So I am breeding that rooster to my black hens...a little black in the shanks of the pullets is a good thing, since they seem to throw black wyandottes with a good green sheen to them.​

Last edited:
I have a question for you folks who have alot of experience with SLW's. Can you tell the difference between the males and females based on the coloring of the chicks?? We recieved an order with "extras" and there are just a few with coloring alot lighter than the rest. Almost a white/light gray where the rest have a charcoal grey on their wings and in the chest area. Are the lighter ones males??

Back
Top Bottom