1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PICTURES AFTER BATHTIME!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Poulets De Cajun, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Well the first three are done. Here they are after being dried halfway.

[​IMG]

LOOK AT THE MASSIVE TOP KNOT ON THIS BOY! It DOUBLED in size after he was cleaned!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    wow! Beautifu.l Also, hilarious [​IMG]

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    I just want to scoop them up and squeeze them all!! They're so precious!!! [​IMG] (Really I need to find the smiley where they're pinching the cheeks)

4. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Its even funnier in person!!! These three almost fell asleep a couple times. I physically had to hold them up because they would almost fall asleep and drop their heads under water!!

Same thing with the blow drying. They'll nestly up to you as close as they can and just hunker down in the warm air!

They ARE too funny! But they are FUN FUN FUN!!

5. Picky Chicky

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:Its even funnier in person!!! These three almost fell asleep a couple times. I physically had to hold them up because they would almost fall asleep and drop their heads under water!!

Same thing with the blow drying. They'll nestly up to you as close as they can and just hunker down in the warm air!

They ARE too funny! But they are FUN FUN FUN!!

I didn't realize you could bathe your chickens (still a newbie and learning)... what do you wash them in? I imagine it's not going to be something like Head and Shoulders or Pantene. [​IMG]

6. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Some people use Johnson & Johnsons baby shampoo, others use Adams Flea & Tick shampoo for dogs.

I am using Seargents Gold Fleat & Tick shampoo for dogs and puppies. Its clear and smells better than Adams.

I rinse them in water with glycerin in it...

7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hahahaha... my white girl needs a bath again, thanks for the reminder. [​IMG]

8. Picky Chicky

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:Dumb question, but what's water with glycerin?

9. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:There aren't any dumb questions, unless its ones that you dont askt. I didn't know what it was either until I got into bathing Silkies.

Glycerin is whats in soap sometimes. Its a skin protectant and its a clear liquid. Its available at the pharmacy. I picked mine up at Walmart yesterday.

I fill up half of the kitchen sink with clean, warm water, and add two or three good squirts of glycerin.

The glycerin water is supposed to help with the fluffiness of the feather I think. You can also use one or two DROPS of liquid bluing on white birds to make them appear whiter.

10. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

do these guys actually have any eyeballs???! [​IMG]

eta: j/k!! They're gorgeous!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by