Pictures for Great Grandma

I am glad you guys like them. I think I know what ones to blow up and frame now, maybe.

Yeah, about the chicken. Loren wanted to hold a pistol AND his pet rooster on Slick. So I say OK, as he has done it before. By the last picture, the rooster, Baby Sarge, had had enough. He took off flying and squawking! This of course startled Slick who bolted a few steps and then stopped, but not before Loren went flying off head over heals and landed on his back.

Loren, being the trooper he is, cried, of course, and then says to me, "I should have been wearing a helmet."
roll.png

Those are GREAT!!!! OMG!!! So cute! A little boy in cowboy attire, on a MINIATURE horse AND with a chicken!!!!! It doesn't get any better than that! You might play around with them in Sepia.... would look just like an old time photo!
big_smile.png
If I had to chose a fav... it would be between the last one because I like the Delphiniums... or #2.
smile.png

No wait... I like #3 too!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
What wonderful pictures and what a smart boy - maybe I wouldn't have so many memory lapses had I worn a helmet! His pony reminds of the one I had growing up - only seems like yours might be nicer - mine was the devil with hair and hooves!
My MIL just had her 90th b-day the end of May. We had a huge party for her (who knew a 90 yo would have 125 people she wanted to invite!) What we did as a gift for her was to have all her friends and family send pictures or write a memory of something they had done together or thoughts about her or just a nice note and then I put it all in a scrapbook for her. Hardly a day goes by that she doesn't tell us how much she loves it. I don't know if you have time to put something like that together, but it's not too hard. Just an idea. The framed photo will definitely be something she will treasure!
Liz

I don't know how many people will be at my grandma's party, but she does have family flying in. I will be there too of course.
When you are 90, you should invite everyone you know to come. You don't know when you will see them next.
wink.png

You're absolutely right. My MIL said how wonderful it was to see everyone, many of whom she doesn't see much (some friends even flew in from PA and other cut vacations short to be at the party). Many people stood up and said wonderful things about her, and she was able to tell everyone how much they meant to her. She commented that usually things like this only happen at funerals and you never get to hear those things. It truly was a special day for her - I hope it's just as special a day for your Grandma! If you wanted to do the scrapbook idea but don't have time before the party, you could have paper and pens there for people to write things that you could later put into a scrapbook for her.
Liz

Just a thought - what about blowing one of them up bigger, then finding a frame that you can put that one and 2 smaller ones in? That way you can give her 3 pictures in one frame. Does that make any sense? LOL

Back
Top Bottom