Pictures from the Apache County Poultry Show

Here is my SG Dorking cockerel. They tend to be super "squatty" but can still jump quite well. Both he and the pullet are super bossy! :rolleyes:
His hackles look like he was in an 80's hair band. LOL
One of my silver grey Dorking hens is the smallest one in the coop, and she argues with the (cuckoo Leghorn) rooster over who is in charge. She's one bossy girl, and he is henpecked!

From the bottom up I see Porcelain D' Uccle , Black Muscovy , Call Drake , Turkey ? , The all white rooster is a White Japanese Bantam, note the short legs ., Polish , Dark Cornish , as for the rest I don't know . Both Silver grey and Red Dorking are supposed to have have five toes according to the standard of breeding . Don't look like a Dorking

From the bottom up I see Porcelain D' Uccle , Black Muscovy , Call Drake , Turkey ? , The all white rooster is a White Japanese Bantam, note the short legs ., Polish , Dark Cornish , as for the rest I don't know . Both Silver grey and Red Dorking are supposed to have have five toes according to the standard of breeding . Don't look like a Dorking
The Dorking colored birds are silver Leghorns. :)

The Dorking colored birds are silver Leghorns. :)
Yes I saw Moonshiner's reply. When I replied I didn't see there was two more pages to your thread . He knows everything about leghorns and breeding the color differences . Thanks ! The little rooster in my avatar is Serama They are smaller than Japanese and have a different posture . My little rooster usually has the posture but when I took his picture he flipped out from the camera and I had to cage him just to get a photo .

Yes I saw Moonshiner's reply. When I replied I didn't see there was two more pages to your thread . He knows everything about leghorns and breeding the color differences . Thanks ! The little rooster in my avatar is Serama They are smaller than Japanese and have a different posture . My little rooster usually has the posture but when I took his picture he flipped out from the camera and I had to cage him just to get a photo .
He's a nice looking roo with a big tail. Sounds like he needed to be convinced to let the paparazzi take his picture.

I am enough of a beginner that I didn't know the breed names of many of the birds. And there was no way for me to find out what that porcelain d'uccle was, there was no description on the sale cage, just a bunch of birds inside and a note saying they were for sale. But I figured when the pictures got posted, BYC people would identify them. They did. Wish they bred them full sized, not just as bantams, but I'm guessing those fluffy feet would get dirty in muddy weather and when they step in chicken droppings. :(

He's a nice looking roo with a big tail. Sounds like he needed to be convinced to let the paparazzi take his picture.

I am enough of a beginner that I didn't know the breed names of many of the birds. And there was no way for me to find out what that porcelain d'uccle was, there was no description on the sale cage, just a bunch of birds inside and a note saying they were for sale. But I figured when the pictures got posted, BYC people would identify them. They did. Wish they bred them full sized, not just as bantams, but I'm guessing those fluffy feet would get dirty in muddy weather and when they step in chicken droppings. :(
The only camera I have is one with the lens opens and comes out of the camera it scares him every time , He don't have feathered legs and he can run like greased lightning.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom