Pictures of ALL OF MY CHICKENS! a couple of me & DD and new Chicks!

DawnSuiter

Songster
12 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Western Colorado - Formerly E. TN Smokies
My Coop
My Coop
I took some pictures today because we aquired a few new birds yesterday and wanted to show everyone off! Somehow we started originally with an order of 8 Australorps, and now have somewhere around 40 chickens! My gosh.. this chicken fever stuff is serious!
Enjoy!
This is me with 2 of my boys (3.5 months old or so)trying to get close & make themselves at home on the porch for the night.... and of course we're playing with their guard dog "Boy"
101_2186.JPG
101_2191.JPG

This is Lexi and also the moment where their intentions to climb up and sleep on the porch at all costs, were discovered. This is actually not violent like it looks, he was just sitting on her lap and decided to start climbing up higher.. she's laughing...and then examining her arms for damage
wink.png

101_2194.JPG
101_2195.JPG

Obviously they were successful in their quest (we put them to bed later that night)
101_2197.JPG
101_2203.JPG

I picked these guys & gals up yesterday from DD's High School, lets just say they had plenty of extras and these guys needed to move out... First.. the Mr. & Mrs.. (I hope) about 2 months old I'm guessing
101_2208.JPG
101_2208.JPG

These are the GLW & SLW from Ideal and some Orpington & Orpington/Leghorn we suspect chicks I hatched... still babies in the brooder..
101_2211.JPG

Here are 5 of my first ever chickens... Buff Orps, 3.5 months old.. they're in the "freezer" coop
wink.png
not sure who will stay or who will go yet of the 7 buffs we've got. They are really sweet and love to follow me around..
101_2213.JPG
101_2214.JPG

These are the other 2 buffs from the porch pictures, returned from a show to live here... again.. not sure who stays or who is dinner
smile.png

101_2215.JPG
101_2216.JPG

These little guys & gals are also from the High School... looks like 3 & 4 weeks old maybe? These are some show quality birds apparently..the ag teacher shows them... the buffs are a very very pale buff, VERY different than my boys..looks like 2 boys/2 girls, and not sure on the GLWs.. looks like 2 or all 3 are girls
101_2219.JPG
101_2217.JPG

and last but NOT LEAST... 8 Australorps & 6 Bama Chicks which include 2 blue boys... all are 6 weeks old.... these little ones are living in the hen house right now, boys are moving out in a week or two.
101_2226.JPG
101_2228.JPG

101_2229.JPG
101_2230.JPG

ALRIGHT! WHEW! That's all the chickens! Now I should get a pic of all the houses...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you chickens! I know what you're saying about chicken fever!! I have it bad right now, but am trying to resist! How many coops and runs do you have?

Thanks Hoosier!!
Well.. I have 1 hen house 99sf, 1 roosters coop/freezer coop 50sf, an arc that was too heavy to be a tractor thats 48sf, and one of four single rooster coops built which are about 20sf (still have 3 to build) plus of course the chicken brooder/toddler bed, and I also have a 30sf turkey brooder which may or may not get used this year.

DD has a show coop & breeding run to build for herself still
I still have 3 breeding runs to build and the other 3 single rooster coops
and if my turkeys will ever hatch.. I'll have a turkey barn to build as well
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom