Pictures of my flock with my new camera! =D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aoxa, Dec 19, 2011.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

WOOT! I just got a very nice camera yesterday. I really need to get used to the settings, but for the pictures being taken without a flash (for the most part) and inside, I think they turned out fabulous! [​IMG]

My Jagger has gotten so big in the past month! He has went from this:
    [​IMG]

to this:
    [​IMG]
    WOW. What a big boy! He's still very young, only at about 4 1/2 months old or so.

[​IMG]
    This is his favourite girl, Dixie!

[​IMG]
    He got pretty upset when the evil kitten came in the run to play

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Olive always KNOWS where the treats are. This time it was baloney. My God chickens LOVE baloney!!! My dad bought me a HUGE 10 pound thing of baloney [​IMG] At least the chickens like it as a treat [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Everyone takes turns waiting in line.

[​IMG]
    Penny made sure I didn't hand out all good nuggets before she got hers. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Poor Steve.. He just never gets to the treats in time [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jagger is definitely not shy about taking his fair share [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even the ducks enjoyed it [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lorraine could hardly see well enough to get a piece before the others snapped it up. I had to walk over and give her some [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Which of these two do you think is the head honcho? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lorraine [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Janet.

[​IMG]
    looks like I've overstayed my welcome.. Everyone is starting to fall asleep.

[​IMG]
    Except McDonalds [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Night night [​IMG]

2. Drover

Drover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    aww! cuties! [​IMG] i like the name Mc Donalds [​IMG]

3. aoxa

Quote:Thanks [​IMG] We named a few after restaurants: McDonalds, Wendy, Denny and Olive (like Olive Garden)

4. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Very nice looking birds! Is that straw or hay on the ground? I want to do this to but worry they will eat it. You certainly have some beautiful birds!

5. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

I am in love with Janet especially.[​IMG]

6. aoxa

Quote:Straw. Tried all three. Hay - hated it. It smelled SO BAD. Shavings, we have ducks that make a huge mess with the water and shavings take forever to dry out. This is the winter run (where they are in the pictures.)
    [​IMG]
    Where they sleep they have shavings. The ducks are not allowed water in the coop are [​IMG]

Half will sleep outside in the converted garage. We started with only four chickens that exploded to 20! [​IMG] At least we had the ability to make room! They have two outdoor runs.

I don't find they eat it. Not that I've noticed anyway. No issues so far. I would probably like bedding better if the ducks didn't ruin it for me! [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I have a BR named Dixie too! [​IMG] She's quite the extrovert - very inquisitive. You have a lovely flock...I can't decide who's prettiest because they're all so pretty - even the boys [​IMG]

8. aoxa

Quote:So many people have Dixies! Hahah [​IMG] She's my favourite. My first to lay. My most inquisitive hen. She is also very vocal.

I just love Barred Rocks. Everything about them is wonderful!

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate you taking the time [​IMG]

9. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I really enjoyed reading this thread!!! [​IMG]

When I got to "Steve," I really laughed. Steve. What a name for him. LOL. What type of bird is Janet? She is STUNNING. Does the SLW have a name? Where did you get her? She is so much prettier than my SLW, Winona. Then again, Winona doesn't like people so much, so I suppose it makes me think less of her. [​IMG]

10. aoxa

Quote:My SLW is named Dott [​IMG] She is pretty anti-social as well with humans (unless you have food).

Janet is a partridge cochin. She is in molt right now, so to see her in spring will be really something! Her mother won best in show in my area, so I am hoping she will really be eye pleasing. She was one of three that the beeder held back for breeding. I really wanted a partridge cochin [​IMG] Not sure why! I just did! [​IMG]

Thanks for commenting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by