Pictures of our 12 week old BO's.

Keltara

Songster
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Small Town U.S.A., Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Today is their 12 week birthday. And even more special, is that today is Tara's 10 year old birthday!! Happy birthday sweetheart. Mommy loves you soooooo much!
love.gif

IMG_4782.jpg

I just love having these beautiful hens patrolling our property for weeds and bugs. They are still so sweet.
Jasmine and Daisy
IMG_4733-1.jpg

Dixie
IMG_4731.jpg

Daisy fluffing out her feathers...
IMG_4736.jpg

They always hang out together, but when we snatch one away for pictures or lovin's, there is never a complaint by the others or the subject. What good Chickens.
IMG_4696.jpg

Here's my beautiful niece Tessa. She's turning 4 tomorrow.
IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

I love our backyard chickens!
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
TSG-
They are so sweet! I really wanted to have a colorful egg basket, but when a friend of mine recommended BO's to us for a good pick with kids, I began to research the breed. At that point, I knew that it didn't matter what color the eggs were and we decided it would be only BO's for us. Next year, I want to add a couple more. They'll be Buff Orps too. I just LOVE the personality and disposition of them. They are wonderful!
love.gif

Quote:
TSG-
They are so sweet! I really wanted to have a colorful egg basket, but when a friend of mine recommended BO's to us for a good pick with kids, I began to research the breed. At that point, I knew that it didn't matter what color the eggs were and we decided it would be only BO's for us. Next year, I want to add a couple more. They'll be Buff Orps too. I just LOVE the personality and disposition of them. They are wonderful!
love.gif

I was giving my BO, Ginger, some love last night. She was curled up in my lap and had one eye closed. I asked her if we should get another Orpington so she'd have a playmate. And she perked right up and said Peep Peep Peep Peep. It was the funniest thing. I swear she understands me. I asked if we should get another buff, a black, white, splash, blue, one to which she had no opinion. Just another Orpington, please.

Quote:
TSG-
love.gif

I was giving my BO, Ginger, some love last night. She was curled up in my lap and had one eye closed. I asked her if we should get another Orpington so she'd have a playmate. And she perked right up and said Peep Peep Peep Peep. It was the funniest thing. I swear she understands me. I asked if we should get another buff, a black, white, splash, blue, one to which she had no opinion. Just another Orpington, please.

Awwww!! I believe she really does understand!! They certainly are big cuddlers.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom