Pictures of your home-made coops and runs!

Pics
Lesgo54, that is a fantastic, attractive and secure-looking coop!
thumbsup.gif
thanks, i learned alot reading here. i buried 2x4 wire under the block out to about 16 inches. in the last week since i put birds in the pen ive had atleast 2 attempts at digging. when the critter hit the wire it stopped. i also seen tracks today from last nights visit. they appear to be coon tracks.

We used a poop box idea (from here of course) with the Sweet PDZ. We put a tarp on top of the dog pen for the run but then realized they are going to be free range so don't really need a run. The rabbits are enjoying it.

Last edited:
Updates to coop in progress. Inside just about built, including storage/feed cabinet. Outside siding and paint. Then on to the run. The run will be constructed mostly of re-purposed wood.

That is just gorgeous! That is one of the most beautiful coops I've ever seen.
droolin.gif

Updates to coop in progress. Inside just about built, including storage/feed cabinet. Outside siding and paint. Then on to the run. The run will be constructed mostly of re-purposed wood.

This is incredible. Great job!
I love the coop my husband is building. He just put in the window (glass from a wall clock from the thrift store).

Almost embarrassed to post after bird house, gorgeous coop by the way!I can build houses like that, but cheap out on the coop...
Simple design using cedar fence boards with a rabbit cut into them to create a ship lap siding. Just have to finish the run and they will be free to roam. I was thinking of staining it, but the wife wants to leave it natural and let it gray off like the rest of the fencing. Once it does it will have more of an old barn look I suppose.

Yes that's an a/c unit! They have been in the coop for about a week and a half without a run and the temps have been getting very hot, especially in the coop. So I rigged this up to tide them over from baking until they can go outside. As much as I like baked chicken, I prefer to do it in another manner!

That is just gorgeous! That is one of the most beautiful coops I've ever seen.
droolin.gif

Wow! Thank you stumpy! That is a very nice complement. It's a bit over the top, but I'm having a lot of fun building it. There are all kinds of Great coops here. I love to see all the different styles. Our hens arrived today, so I need to get busy finishing it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom