Piece of advice and reaon why I am not bright

thanks everyone for your input
smile.png

I came in on this one late but here's my 2 cents
big_smile.png

I treat my debit card like my check book: I bring home all my receipts and balance it. I mark down any auto deuctions that will come out this pay period ahead of time,when I make my deposits, so there won't be any surprises!
BUT>> as organized as that sounds, I STILL manage to screw up sometimes! (that's what over draft protection is for. You have to pay the OD fees to the bank, but they won't bounce the checks, and you won't have to pay the bank, the merchant and reimburse the check) eBay changed it's policy about Primary funding source. For those of you that don't use eBay, when I first started buying there, I used a debit card that was linked to a savings account, then later added my checking account as a back up funding source. They changed thier system so that it will automatically use your bank account instead of credit or debit card (to avoid fees and interest) unless you specify each time, that you want to use the card. I did not know this and thought I had used my card for about $350 worth of stuff from 5 sellers. They didn't bounce the 3 checks that went over, but they did charge me $29. for each one! So I learned my lesson to be careful and read all the way down to the bottom of the page!
he.gif

The only thing I can add is to never use your debit card online. Should someone access that number they can completely wipe you out! As much as I hate credit cards, I have one for online purchases. Should that number get stolen, it won't empty my bank account!

The online banking suggestion is a great one. I have a screwy work schedule and can never get to the bank. I do all of it online. Plus, it's nice to have instant access to the online statement.

Good luck!

Quote:
I fund my paypal account from my bank account. It keeps me honest.

Paypal is a nice place to keep a couple hundred extra dollars. It's safe and when
you want eggs you can get them. Paypal has a debit card too.

You might have got bamboozled out of some bucks but you are a super "bright" light on this board anyway and I so enjoy you being here...so no more put downs on yourself, could happened to any of us. Live and learn kiddo
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks scrambled
big_smile.png

I never ever knew paypal had a debit card. I only knew that they had a credit card. I may just switch with them. I usually keep $80 handy but it was spent on my moms present.

I usually add $20 to my bank account when I sell.

I love to help even though I am never right lol

I just saw this in your sig. line...you silly!!!!
Yo'll make the money up too I'm sure, don't sweat it, it could always be worse...you could've been me and gotten a stupid speeding ticket this week...see, that IS worse, loL!!​

sorry you got a taicket. next time a cop says to you "did you notice that stop sign?" say "I thought it meant Straight Through On Purpose"

well I got a cushion. A guy is giving me $370 for the 2 tvs i own. I am giving my mom $250 and keeping the rest.

Back
Top Bottom