Pigeon enclosure questions

Jake v8

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2022
Hi, what coop/loft dimensions would you all suggest for a single pigeon breeding pair. Also what do you think about dirt floors for pigeon enclosures I ask because I have a dirt floor aviary that currently houses quail but it’s sitting at only just over 2 ft high and is 10 ft long and 2 ft wide, do you think I could house a pair in there? ( minus the quail)

The quail aviary is not tall enough. It is just fine for quail..
I would start off with a pigeon loft ,, 4 feet x 4 feet, by 6 feet wide. This way you use up 3 sheets of plywood to make your box. The 2 foot by 4 foot remaining opening,, would be your door,,, that would be best if it was Hardware cloth on a sturdy frame.
Make loft off the ground on 3 to 4 foot legs.
Remember,, that a single breeding pair will produce offspring squabs,, So don't make loft so small that you find out is too small too early on.
I think the 4x4x6 will serve you well for some time.
You can add an aviary to it alongside, and to the ground. The aviary if not built very secure,, should have a closable port door, for the night. If built secure, then port door can remain open always.
Also needed, ventilation, besides the door,, a window, or just a clear plexiglass covered opening for daylight.
There are hundreds of loft possibilities,, and everyone eventually figures out what is best for them, and their pigeons.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom