Pigeon pair keep breaking their eggs

I gave them an nest bowl but they pooped in it and i took it away
All they do is stay in a corner and sometimes they eat and drink
Maybe put a flat board like a shelf for them to roost/dance about 12" above the floor of the cage and put the bowl either directly below or opposite side of the cage. Or you can put the nest bowl inside of a small cardboard box. Do you keep them in the cage shown in your photos?

Maybe put a flat board like a shelf for them to roost/dance about 12" above the floor of the cage and put the bowl either directly below or opposite side of the cage. Or you can put the nest bowl inside of a small cardboard box. Do you keep them in the cage shown in your photos?
All my breeders are in cages
They already have a roost
They get the nest as a sleeping place

OK, that's good. So if they are not moulting like @Old_Strain_Lover said, they are likely to breed soon. :confused:
Hope they will breed soon
I dont see any activity from them
They just stay in that corner and he didnt dance at all
Only when he saw my other cock bird he danced and singed for 30 second and i dindt heared him from that momment

Last edited:
Hope they will breed soon
I dont see any activity from them
They just stay in that corner and he didnt dance at all
Only when he saw my other cock bird he danced and singed for 30 second and i dindt heared him from that momment
In my opinion, the longer it takes them to settle in, the smarter they are. Dumb birds will almost immediately feel like they are at home and be ready to breed. Smart birds know they are in a strange place and don't feel comfortable and are less likely to breed. My best homers I ever purchased took about a full year before they had their first nest. Don't be in a rush, just let them do their thing:thumbsup

In my opinion, the longer it takes them to settle in, the smarter they are. Dumb birds will almost immediately feel like they are at home and be ready to breed. Smart birds know they are in a strange place and don't feel comfortable and are less likely to breed. My best homers I ever purchased took about a full year before they had their first nest. Don't be in a rush, just let them do their thing:thumbsup
I don't have any problem if they will not breed this year
But i just want to see them being normal
No just staying in a corner
Hopefully how time passes they will start to have a much normal comportament

So i just finished the evening chores
And they were on the roost and they were cuddling
But something its wrong
They were making normal droppings when i got them but now they make a small grenish black droppings
Could it be from the stress or salmonella?

They almost breed today but the hen didnt want to
He tried to make that think thats its kind of like a kiss
But when he wanted to get on her and to the think she ran away
But im sure in less than a week they will breed
Hopefully :fl

Back
Top Bottom