Pigeon Pox

rpape1

Chirping
Aug 25, 2020
Hi there, asking on behalf of a friend. She is located in a country with very little veterinary assistance.

She has a sick young pigeon with pox.

I looked online and found that this condition responds well to Amoxicillin + Clavulanic acid, according to several breeders, so she went ahead and bought some Juroclav 50mg (see photograph.)

She is now wondering about dose and administration- something we have not been informed about. Does anyone have a recommendation here?

Additional advice on pox is also welcome. Her bird is a squeaker about 5 weeks old.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 16.45.38.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 16.45.38.png
    479.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 16.46.13.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 16.46.13.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi there, asking on behalf of a friend. She is located in a country with very little veterinary assistance.

She has a sick young pigeon with pox.

I looked online and found that this condition responds well to Amoxicillin + Clavulanic acid, according to several breeders, so she went ahead and bought some Juroclav 50mg (see photograph.)

She is now wondering about dose and administration- something we have not been informed about. Does anyone have a recommendation here?

Additional advice on pox is also welcome. Her bird is a squeaker about 5 weeks old.

Many thanks
I have no personal experience with pigeon pox. I just know it is a virus and needs to pass on it's own. The only possible things that an antibiotic like amoxicillin+clavulanic acid could help would be some sort of secondary bacterial infection. Amoxicillin is 50mg per bird per day... Or 3000mg per gallon of water. I'm not advising to give the medicine, just providing the dosage

Back
Top Bottom