Hatcheries in Sweden with online information, help?

Vexim

Hatching
Nov 11, 2022
Hi, hello!
If everything works out I will be moving to Sweden next year and, being very excited about it, I've been doing all kinds of research, so just ignore the fact I'm searching about it way ahead of time. :)

After the move and when we settle in, I'd definitely like to get some chicks, however I've had a hard time looking for hatcheries in the internet. I've had a TON of USA based hatcheries pop up and a few from other countries, but practically nothing from Sweden, even though I was searching specifically for this country. I did search in Swedish, however maybe I'm getting something wrong as I just started learning the language and helped myself with a translator. So, could anyone here recommend me a place from which one could get chicks in Sweden with some online information? The specific location doesn't matter for now, I just want to get a general idea about how things over there work, the prices and breeds that are available and if shipping is an option, etc. :) I'd be very grateful for any help here! <3

(I'm a beginner in the chicken world so for the start it would be less than 10 chicks most likely, so nothing crazy. I'd love to get easter eggers if they are even an option)

Hi! Thanks for the reply. :) I was pretty sure I already tried that, but did a double check and got: 2 breeders which sell meat (no info I could find on their sites about selling chicks), general site listing chicken breeders and their revenue, an article about poultry in Sweden, a hatchery - yes - but located in Florida (Greenfire Farms), 4 next sites were again articles and that concludes the first google page. The second didn't have anything either and so on. A lot of hatcheries that come up are located in another countries and only pop up because they offer "swedish flower hen" breed. It's very possible I'm being confused or my ability to research suddenly dropped dead but I can't seem to find anything still, sorry! 😅

Hi! Thanks for the reply. :) I was pretty sure I already tried that, but did a double check and got: 2 breeders which sell meat (no info I could find on their sites about selling chicks), general site listing chicken breeders and their revenue, an article about poultry in Sweden, a hatchery - yes - but located in Florida (Greenfire Farms), 4 next sites were again articles and that concludes the first google page. The second didn't have anything either and so on. A lot of hatcheries that come up are located in another countries and only pop up because they offer "swedish flower hen" breed. It's very possible I'm being confused or my ability to research suddenly dropped dead but I can't seem to find anything still, sorry! 😅

Back
Top Bottom