Pilgrim Geese thread

I have some pictures on my phone but I have no clue how to share them.
lol.png

Yes. Their bills and legs. Very pink looking like cpg.
I wish i could share pictures here but for some reason i cant but yes their bills and legs go thru a pinky stage as they are growing but they do turn to the orange. The girls go from black to a greyish pink and lighten until they turn orange. The boys will do the same except they start out with light color bills and feet. They all go through it some more than others it is very normal. I have been raising pilgrims for 7 years now. and have loads of pictures if i could only share them lol. my pictures work fine in facebook. I think it is this old computer that can not keep up with byc.

Yes. Their bills and legs. Very pink looking like cpg.

I wish i could share pictures here but for some reason i cant but yes their bills and legs go thru a pinky stage as they are growing but they do turn to the orange. The girls go from black to a greyish pink and lighten until they turn orange. The boys will do the same except they start out with light color bills and feet. They all go through it  some more than others it is very normal. I have been raising pilgrims for 7 years now. and have loads of pictures if i could only share them lol. my pictures  work fine in facebook. I think it is this old computer that can not keep up with byc.

Thanks for letting me know that. I was starting to wonder if maybe I had gotten 8 cpg. I would have been ok with that considering what I paid.

So, Asa and Sally are doing fairly ok. Getting a "to bed" at night has been a learning challenge for us all. I lure them in with lettuce treats. They get in and I come by to close them up for the night. Just a couple of questions:

I have been giving them water at night too, correct?

I live in Western Washington, so it's started to rain again(shocker). I should still turn them out in the morning right? I do have my backyard patio they are fond of...well as a bathroom anyway ;). will that be enough? They are not fully feathered yet...

Thanks, I am attaching another pic of them too.

Another more techy person posted them for me. Check the YO Georgians thread in the social forum.
They´re gorgeous.
So, Asa and Sally are doing fairly ok. Getting a "to bed" at night has been a learning challenge for us all. I lure them in with lettuce treats. They get in and I come by to close them up for the night. Just a couple of questions:

I have been giving them water at night too, correct?

I live in Western Washington, so it's started to rain again(shocker). I should still turn them out in the morning right? I do have my backyard patio they are fond of...well as a bathroom anyway
wink.png
. will that be enough? They are not fully feathered yet...

Thanks, I am attaching another pic of them too.
Lovely! Different folks feel differently about letting them out in the rain. Mine go out if they want to, (and they want to), but can get out of it too if they wish (they don´t). I´ve read on the threads some that say not to, so it´s up to you. For me, they have their feathers coming through, so they´ll be well protected from the rain.
About water. They need it to wash the food down. If you don´t give them food at night (after they´ve had their lettuce and a drink), then they won´t be needing the water.

Back
Top Bottom