Pilgrim Geese thread

I have been told there is always someone selling dog kennels on craigslist...
Here is what we did with our kennels to make the predator proof!!! This shows you how we did them to keep in the heat during winter and keep out the heat in the summer.

These look great, Ruru. It´d cost loads of money to buy something like it here, I´m so pleased we don´t have to deal with the predators you guys do. Having said that, one of my neighbours, right at the edge of the neighbourhood, backing onto woodland and wild, loses chickens from time to time, never sees what takes them. she thinks it may be an ocelot. They stay away from our place, though, as it´s pretty open around our house, with horses and bullocks in fields, etc,
Nice! i have a 12x12 set up permanently and have done a similar thing with mine. they work great and its cheaper than buying all the supplies you would need to build one that size if you can find them cheap. I found mine at a community sale for $80.00
What an unbelievable price! Good find!

I have been told there is always someone selling dog kennels on craigslist...
Here is what we did with our kennels to make the predator proof!!! This shows you how we did them to keep in the heat during winter and keep out the heat in the summer.

This is pretty much what I have for my ducks. We did make an actual roof for the pen and I have to say I love it. We have pretty mild winters here but lots of rain. I just use clear plastic on the sides to about a foot from the top in the winter to keep it a bit drier/warmer. I just had a new neighbor tell me she might give me another cage. My current goose pen cage is secure and large enough floor wise but its not tall enough for me to stand in so I am very excited. Plus the new cage has the extra hardware cloth wire at the bottom to prevent any predators from reaching in. It also has a chain-link top so I won't have to do anything to make it useable for summer and only a simple fix for a winter pen. I had been searching Craigslist for some time for one that would be affordable.

Quote:
48 ducks!!! Oh wow, I am very sorry for your loss. That would be terribly upsetting.
I wouldn't have thought Racoons would have eaten whole ducks!?!?! That is crazy.
Well I am glad you have sorted it all out now and your flock are safe
smile.png

48 ducks!!! Oh wow, I am very sorry for your loss. That would be terribly upsetting.
I wouldn't have thought Racoons would have eaten whole ducks!?!?! That is crazy.
Well I am glad you have sorted it all out now and your flock are safe
smile.png
I finally sold all my ducks but two. Last year a hawk killed my female duck while she was I the empty part of the pond eating bugs under the leaves and the hawk swooped down and killed her. I was sick about it. Then this year and Horned owl got the drake.

Yes I am glad we have solved our predator problem for the geese.....

Awe poor baby. I sure wish I knew how to wrap that leg. That leg I do believe a vet needs to see weather they like waterfowl or not. There should be something a vet can do. Find you a good bird vet that takes geese. I am sure there is a way they can help that baby.....
Is there a way to post to people in florida on this site for luck in finding a vet?

Oh so no more ducks
sad.png
, well at least you have you Geese and they sure are beautiful!!!

(I like you idea of writing in colour and Italics
smile.png
haha)
I didnt know hawks killed adult ducks. thats terrible ! were they muscovies? i have heard that owls will swoop down and get them it sure is scary. Will they not kill geese?

Hello all, I plan on getting some Pilgrim Adults this week and wanted to know if when they hatch babies out next spring could I breed the babies to eachother or would I have to look for other young goslings to breed the once I'd have the momma hatch? They're pretty hard to find out here I was lucky enough to come across these beautiful birds out here. Any tips would help thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom