Pilgrim Geese thread

HI there to all,
After doing a lot of research I'm wanting to get some Pilgrim geese within the next year or so... so... is there anyone in the interlake or near winnipeg who raises pilgrim geese? who would be willing to sell or hatch or sell eggs to me for my own hatching? The auto sexing is a big plus for me (as I am horrible at "guessing" in my chickens, and trying to vent sex doesn't always seem to work for me, or I am just not experienced enough), and supposedly they are a quieter breed and perhaps friendlier as well. I have little children who help me with chores and I would prefer they were not run off by any of our animals. :) Anyways thanks. Also can Muscovy ducks hatch out goslings? and would that be a better option than putting the eggs in an incubator should I be able to get some? Thank you.
Hannah

Going by the first pic, it´s a duck egg. Duck eggs are waxy, goose eggs aren´t. It´s not likely to hatch successfully if it´s a double, best eaten.
big_smile.png
I agree. I had my duck lay an egg that was 2 times bigger than all the rest. it wasnt a double. my dog ate it. just happened to be really big .

Hi everyone I am looking for someone interested in MY pilgram geese. I don't want to get rid of them but need to due to family reasons. They are all show quality and I have the ribbons and plaques to prove it. Also they are proven breeders a great mothers. I am planning on going to ohio nationals this November and can meet up with someone there. If I don't sell them before then or they will have to be sent to slaughter.. They are a great breed and have many uses. Anyone interested??? Do you think I'll be able to get rid of them at Nationas otherwise??

Yes they are pretty much a lost breed here as well. I go to many poultry shows in ohio and I only know of two people including myself who own some. I think they are even on the "watch" list of being a lost breed, that is another reason why I don't want to slaughter them, is shipping pretty expencive??

Back
Top Bottom