Pilgrim Geese thread

Well I have a flock of 10, and am get $40 each for them, but that price can fluctuate

I'm about an hour & a half east of Columbus. If you happen to be coming this direction I would love to have a pair. I have a young pair I got at a swap meet in May but would love to have an unrelated pair to add to my little flock.

Do you think you'll head to ohio nationals in November? It's located in the ohio state fairgrounds, I will be going down to that, it is the 150th annivery or some year anniversary and there will be people from all around the country, it will deffenently be something to consider checking out, it is a win win situation

Do you think you'll head to ohio nationals in November? It's located in the ohio state fairgrounds, I will be going down to that, it is the 150th annivery or some year anniversary and there will be people from all around the country, it will deffenently be something to consider checking out, it is a win win situation

I may go

What kind and how much grit do they need? Also, my acreage oils all toasted from the hot summer, how can I supplement their foraging? I current feed Flock Raiser and lettuce. Should I give Alfalfa pellets? They seem to be thriving and doing well. But just realized they don't have a firmal grit. They dig into the dirt and our fire pit a lot...maybe that's why?

What kind and how much grit do they need? Also, my acreage oils all toasted from the hot summer, how can I supplement their foraging? I current feed Flock Raiser and lettuce. Should I give Alfalfa pellets? They seem to be thriving and doing well. But just realized they don't have a firmal grit. They dig into the dirt and our fire pit a lot...maybe that's why?
If they are out on the ground they are most likely getting their own grit. I only supplement in winter when the ground is frozen or snow covered. They also like chopped kale, collards ,water melon. I am not sure about Alfalfa pellets because most on here say geese don't like alfalfa hay.

I just feed mine layer feed, I don't supplement mine at all becides breeding season. Then I just give them a bit more protein. Im my explerience raising geese, I they have water and green grass, they are more then happy

I put out some builders sand (all purpose) for the chickens yesterday but my geese hit it first. Hadn't been supplementing their grit because they do free range during the day (3-4 acres if they want to). Guess they wanted more options!

I put out some builders sand (all purpose) for the chickens yesterday but my geese hit it first. Hadn't been supplementing their grit because they do free range during the day (3-4 acres if they want to). Guess they wanted more options!
We have builders sand here because we´re building, and the geese tuck into it too. They have gravel in the stream, but still like the sand.

Back
Top Bottom