Pilgrim Geese thread

Well, imagine my surprise when I peeked in and saw this...

A little earlier than we expected.

Well mine have been hatching but its been a strange hatching. Three days ago the first one hatched. Yesterday got second the one. Today the third hatched and another was well on its way with a good sized hole so maybe another one. Not really sure what is going on.

Nimbo the mother is doing a great job of trying to get them all out but its getting complicated. Cirrus the father gander is really great about watching the first one that wants to run around. An aunt is also helping out watch the baby. Problem arises when the hear one of the other babies still in the nest with Nimbo. They forget they are baby sitting and go leaving the first gosling to check the ones with mommy. I usually find them staring adoringly at Nimbo and the ones in the nest. Never mind the first little girl who is getting in to all sorts of trouble.

The first baby wants to explore and I have to keep picking her up and carrying her back to the nest/mommy/daddy. Three times today I found it off by itself and had to cart it back. Last time after I had just finished locking everyone up my neighbor comes carrying it back saying it was on his porch.
he.gif
When I had locked them up I could clearly see two goslings and hear another. I really thought she was in there and its just a good thing my neighbor spotted it. She would have been dead for sure.

Anyone ever have an offset/delayed hatching when the mother was sitting on the eggs like this? Not really sure what is going on or what to do about it.

Back
Top Bottom