Pilgrim Geese thread

ive just bought 2 adult geese the man said they were a cross breed between embden an pilgrim ones all grey and the other ones all white the grey one has brown eyes and the white one has blue but the white one is a bit smaller and a lot feistier
which one is the male and which on is the female

ive just bought 2 adult geese the man said they were a cross breed between embden an pilgrim ones all grey and the other ones all white the grey one has brown eyes and the white one has blue but the white one is a bit smaller and a lot feistier
which one is the male and which on is the female
Pictures can usually tell the tale post pic of your 2 and we'll see if we can help.

I just noticed my typo....there are only 6. But there was movement in one of the eggs they left behind so hopefully the 7th will still happen.

And they live in Georgia just west of Atlanta.
So these aren't your geese? just some that live on a lake or pond where Canada geese also live?

So these aren't your geese? just some that live on a lake or pond where Canada geese also live?
Those are our geese ... they took over "duck island" this year, displacing the seasonal Canada Geese that we get. These are our less than 1 year old geese that we never thought would give us viable eggs to put in the incubator, let alone sit their own eggs. So we have ... I've lost track of how many that we've done in the incubator plus these 6 (so far). We're hoping that they will be able to stay free-range at the farm but we'll have to watch closely for potential issues. So far the 2 "mommy" geese and the one dominant gander have been doing a great job of protecting them. Hawks, owls, and snapping turtles can be pretty quick, though.

Those don't look like crosses to me they look pure pilgrim. Ganders are white sometimes with gey spots here and there and with blue eyes, females are darker grey with white here and there and darker eyes.

Back
Top Bottom