Pilgrim Geese thread

your gander may be younger of just runty. My gander is almost twice the size of my goose. I've had them about 8 months and he still will hiss half the time and at anything he perceives as a threat, dogs, bags, the hose, but he's all bluff. He runs as soon as you challenge the hiss lol

So pleased with this hatch. Five out and one still working on it. Five more of mine, and four from shipped eggs are in another incubator and are about halfway. Never gets old, still a miracle every time.
love.gif

Depending on how the second hatch goes I may be selling some of the goslings - if anyone is in or near

CT and interested let me know.

Bad hair day.

Two boys and three girls so far.
My gosh how precious.. Congrats and sure wish I was closer I'd probably be crazy enough to bring home a few.

HELP my geese broke through my make shift fence and were on the loose i managed to herd them back with a little bit of difficulty
What do i do please respond as soon as possible
and also i saw them fly they kind ughh just went up and came back down

Last edited:
HELP my geese broke through my make shift fence and were on the loose i managed to herd them back with a little bit of difficulty
What do i do please respond as soon as possible 
and also i saw them fly they kind ughh just went up and came back down

They don't fly real well. You need to fix the fence they broke, lock them in their house until you can get it secure.

ok but for the past 1-2 hours i let them out and herd them around and its real easy and they know were there home is they just dont like me
and also the gray goose (i think female) always leads

ok but for the past 1-2 hours i let them out and herd them around and its real easy and they know were there home is they just dont like me
and also the gray goose (i think female) always leads
It's not that they don't like you they need to get use to you. so try not to take it personal. about the only way to keep them from flying is to clip one wing. glad your beginning to get the hang of herding them though, mine herd real well.

Well.... It seems the turtle we haven't caught killed 4 of the 6 goslings. And now one of the geese is back in the dog house/nest. I wonder if the loss of her little ones has triggered a "back to the drawing board" instinct.
That is so sad. had you been trying to catch the snappers, they are brutal. So sorry for your loss. I hope you get them. maybe more than one.

We already got one monster out of the pond but there is clearly at least one more. Traps left out at all times.

On a happier note ... all 3 of the "rescued" eggs from when the geese left the nest have now hatched.

Back
Top Bottom