Pilgrims on the way!

gottsegnet

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Nebraska
I have wanted geese for ever so long, and began a bit of planning once we knew for sure we'd be moving to the country. My husband wasn't quite so sure, but told my daughter she could research it and present it.

She did such a nice job comparing breeds and coming up with a cost analysis, there was no way he could say no, so he said yes and we ordered our geese! Eight little pilgrims should be arriving in about a month! I'm so excited. My son keeps watching videos of them flapping and squawking on youtube and he is getting excited for the commotion!

How neat, and great job on your daughter's part. I'm so excited for y'all!

I was probably watching the same videos as your son while I was waiting for mine to come in . . . I chose Pilgrims, too. Great minds, ya know.
wink.png
Where did you order yours from?

We ordered from Meyer's. She had a list of hatcheries which carried Pilgrims, but all said to call for availability. Some didn't have any, one put us on a wait list and Meyer's told me they didn't carry Pilgrims and apologized for the out-of-date website. Just as I was about to hang up she said, "Wait! Here they are!"

It was kind of funny, but she was very nice and very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom