Pine shavings question

The problem is if you take a product and charge 2$ and take the same product, Put a bow on it and charge 20$, there will be people who buy it for 20$ just because its more expensive. Its a human condition bred by television, radio, magazines, etc

3 days old! Cuties. Any pictures?

I use towells untill they are 5 days old or more then switch to shavings.
i heard horror stories of babys filling up on shavings and dieing. Rare

The problem is if you take a product and charge 2$ and take the same product, Put a bow on it and charge 20$, there will be people who buy it for 20$ just because its more expensive. Its a human condition bred by television, radio, magazines, etc

3 days old! Cuties. Any pictures?

I use towels untill they are 5 days old or more then switch to shavings.
i heard horror stories of babys filling up on shavings and dieing. Rare
Ok. That's it then. I'm going to use towels.

Here's a (bad) picture of the beautiful welshies, Selah and Solrika. (They're a lot cuter than my bad pic.)

Attachments

• Selah and solrika.jpg
    Selah and solrika.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 8
You can use paper towels. As long as it's not slippery like newspaper they should be fine until you can get pine shavings that are expensive.
:eek:

Here's a (bad) picture of the beautiful welshies, Selah and Solrika. (They're a lot cuter than my bad pic.)

Their cute, Keep posting we all love ducks

I use puppy pads on my brooder floor up until around 2 weeks. Then I switch over to pine shavings. Once they hit a week I also use a water bowl with holes cut into the lid, so they can only put their heads in. It does help a bit with the water mess.

Maybe they are not kiln dried. If so they might not have been put up wet but after being put in the plastic and set in the sun or hot truck or warehouse would have sweated due to the moisture content in the wood. You might open them up and let them dry and see if they smell musty or have evidence of molding. If not kiln dried they will not be as absorbent.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom