Pink eggs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Casey76, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Casey76

Casey76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Alsace, France
    Thought that might get your attention!

Even though it is remote, I was wondering if anyone had any "schweitzerhühn" Swiss hens.

They lay (supposedly) cream eggs, with a lilac shimmer; I can buy hatching eggs from here, and the eggs look pink all over!

http://www.1a-ei.de/ (from the left menu bar choose "schweitzerhühn weiss")

Aren't they pretty? I might get half a dozen, to complement my planned rainbow egg boxes lol!

2. new chick 203

new chick 203 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    those are very pretty. funny i've never heard of them. must not be here yet. good luck

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    All I see are brown/light brown eggs covered in a heavy "bloom" - Such trait can even be found here in the US in quite a few breeds, you just have to find the right strains. [​IMG]

There are even purple egg layers. . . . Marans who have a heavy extra coating, on a dark egg it creates a lilac purple color.

4. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Yup,.. I have a welsummer hen that lays eggs with a very heavy bloom. I have pictures of some of those eggs with the heavy bloom on a bidbird egg auction I have up right now. They're my layers, and I just love the variety I get.

Eggs with a heavy bloom are the closest I've seen to pink. Who knows,.. new stuff pops up daily, it seems.

5. buffalogal

buffalogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    Quote:Show them that carton of mixed colored eggs you have on your blog; the one with eggs ranging from dark brown to purple to green and sky blue.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG]

7. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    I love that picture...
    I would love to get some layers of some of those purple ones [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011