1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pinless peepers

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 1 silkie 2, Feb 16, 2012.

1. 1 silkie 2

1 silkie 2 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2012
    See I want to get a chick but I have 2 adult rode iland red and looked at pinless peepers can you keep them in for months or do take them off every day or 2 and if you can will they be comfortable with it it any help hear

2. I was just on a thread and saw that a lady had hers on for a year. I've seen people who've had them on for 3 months, etc. If no one answers on this one, I'll post a new thread. We had ours on for over 2 months and took them off yesterday.......... at this point, I have two three back in the penalty box and I had one who kept plucking even with them on (who was the newest coming back inside).

You'll want to integrate your chicks slowly (they won't be ready to be outside until they are fully feathered anyhow), and you probably won't have a problem. I wouldn't automatically go for the peepers unless you had a problem. Fwiw, ymmv. :)

3. 1 silkie 2

1 silkie 2 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks

4. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by