Pip hours ago, is no peeping ok, first time incubating and a real mess

Well, waited 24 hours, nothing, we took it out, candled it, it was dead, we opened it up, maybe it piped too early, still had quite a bit of yolk left, althought I realize that the struggle would have made it go inside. Not sure what happened, didn't appear shrinkwrapped, seem all are dead. We'll try again.
I'm sorry to hear that. Usually that means the temperature fluctuated badly in the last few days.

I know they always say to lock down the last three days, but I never do it. I add an egg every day and turn my eggs by hand twice a day, and they hatch great. In fact, as soon as they pip, I crack all the way around and stick the egg back in to let them finish. I've done it the correct way before and had too many dead babies. the humidity doesn't drop a lot when you open the lid for a few seconds. Now, I take now chances- when they pip I help with the shell, leaving the inside there, if there's no blood, I will remove the top portion and keep the bottom portion on the chick's butt so that any yolk is absorbed. I have much better luck when I fool with Mother Nature!

Back
Top Bottom