Pip mark below Air Cell?

To clarify, I only had applied thin ointment around the side - not cover the air hole after we saw beak.  Last night, the shadow in the air cell showed like an internal pip.  So at that point we did not realize he was turned around.  

I have let him be since the last video.  Humidity was 65%.   Most other eggs have smashed egg area, but no actual hole.  I am well aware of the need to be patient.  Just was not sure with this guy.  Now that i have seen beak, I am much less worried.  And glad to hear the yellow brown, dry membrane is not huge issue.  

Thanks for verifying our thoughts.  

I will update with any progress.  

Oh ok I thought you were covering his only breathing hole, my mistake, what do you mean by smashed egg area?? A pic would help..

He's got two membranes, it's the membrane attached to him that you want to worry about not necessary the one you see. So all good... 65 is very good, the only issue I can see with that one right now is him not able to get out because he's upside down. But i can definitely help you with that. So let me know if he makes any progress in the next 24 hours then will know what the future holds for him, he's got his hole so he can breath freely, lot of ducks die in there shell because they run out of air, well not an issue for him. Good deal!!!

Last edited:
This little duckling made it out ok. He did take a while and some pecking help from his hatched siblings in the incubator. He was very exhausted and spent a long while resting in the incubator, but now is moved over in the brooder and doing well with the rest of the gang.

I think a couple of his eggmates had similar position issues. This one was lucky and made it out. The rest had died before I tried to help.

That is backwards duckling in the middle with the clear yellow head stripe. Mom is a fawn and white and dad is a white runner. should be interesting.

This little duckling made it out ok. He did take a while and some pecking help from his hatched siblings in the incubator. He was very exhausted and spent a long while resting in the incubator, but now is moved over in the brooder and doing well with the rest of the gang.

I think a couple of his eggmates had similar position issues. This one was lucky and made it out. The rest had died before I tried to help.

That is backwards duckling in the middle with the clear yellow head stripe. Mom is a fawn and white and dad is a white runner. should be interesting.

Their beautiful ! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom