Pipd's Peeps!

What type of chicken is She Who? My brahma has to be 6 or 7 right now. She was in my first set. All of her pals were Isa Browns. They have since left - the oldest at the time was 3. I was told she was an Easter egger, but when I posted her - others verified she was just a hatchery quality brahma. She does well and still lays sporadically - which is almost as good as when she was younger. Lol

She Who is a Partridge Plymouth Rock, full name She Who Sleeps Standing Up because she had a tendency of sleeping while standing with her head hanging down in the bedding as a chick. 🤭 I don't think I've gotten an egg from her in a few years now, but that's about as long as she's had her balance issues so maybe there's a connection there.

She Who Sleeps Standing Up.jpg

She Who is a Partridge Plymouth Rock, full name She Who Sleeps Standing Up because she had a tendency of sleeping while standing with her head hanging down in the bedding as a chick. 🤭 I don't think I've gotten an egg from her in a few years now, but that's about as long as she's had her balance issues so maybe there's a connection there.

View attachment 3111738
She's a beauty! 😍

She is a pretty girl, isn't she? :love That's actually one of the few breeds that I didn't pick out, personally. My mom decided to surprise me with an order from Meyer Hatchery and she picked out two Partridge Rocks, two Speckled Sussex, and one Splash Marans, who grew up to be my beloved Frou-Frou from the second post in this thread. She Who is the very last remaining from that brood.

I found her on her back again yesterday, this time within the chicken yard at least so I didn't have to hunt for her. I have no idea how long she was stuck there and she's still looking woozy this morning, which is quite concerning. Hopefully the rain encourages her to stay closer to the coop and rest, and helps her recover and get her feet back underneath her.

In other news, I got an email this morning from someone asking about the Orpington boys, but he was looking to take all three... for his flock of 9 hens. :th And, he asked if I would be willing to give them away to him for free. :th :th I politely replied that I don't think that 9 hens would be enough for the three boys to share and that I wouldn't give them away, but I would sell one of them to him for a fair price. So, hopefully one of the Orp boys will be going to a new home soon, though I'm not holding my breath based on all the red flags there...

Editing here, the response was... "Ok, thanks." 🤔 Does that mean okay, thanks but no thanks..? Okay, thanks, I'll take one..?

Last edited:
Oh, snap, the eggs are here already! :eek: :celebrate And, as has become tradition, I don't have the incubators ready yet! :th But, to be fair, I wasn't expecting them until tomorrow and I was definitely going to have an incubator cleaned today.

Anyway, I guess I'd better get that done now!

And they're off! 3 weeks to (hopefully) plenty of babies! :wee I ordered a dozen from each farm and ended up receiving 29 eggs! :th

1652978431011.png
1652978466068.png

They're split between incubators mostly because I didn't have space for all of them in one. :eek: I set the ones with shipping damage in cartons in my big Ovation to be gently hand turned, and the ones that didn't have shipping damage (and a couple from Gus's girls :oops: ) in the Octagon so that I can turn them normally.

She is a pretty girl, isn't she? :love That's actually one of the few breeds that I didn't pick out, personally. My mom decided to surprise me with an order from Meyer Hatchery and she picked out two Partridge Rocks, two Speckled Sussex, and one Splash Marans, who grew up to be my beloved Frou-Frou from the second post in this thread. She Who is the very last remaining from that brood.

I found her on her back again yesterday, this time within the chicken yard at least so I didn't have to hunt for her. I have no idea how long she was stuck there and she's still looking woozy this morning, which is quite concerning. Hopefully the rain encourages her to stay closer to the coop and rest, and helps her recover and get her feet back underneath her.

In other news, I got an email this morning from someone asking about the Orpington boys, but he was looking to take all three... for his flock of 9 hens. :th And, he asked if I would be willing to give them away to him for free. :th :th I politely replied that I don't think that 9 hens would be enough for the three boys to share and that I wouldn't give them away, but I would sell one of them to him for a fair price. So, hopefully one of the Orp boys will be going to a new home soon, though I'm not holding my breath based on all the red flags there...

Editing here, the response was... "Ok, thanks." 🤔 Does that mean okay, thanks but no thanks..? Okay, thanks, I'll take one..?
I've gotten the ok thanks too. Not really sure what it means. Lol. I waited for them to respond, but never heard back.

Yeah, I got the feeling it was the thanks but no thanks version on that one. No word since they hit me with the 'ok thanks' the day I posted that. :idunno Oh, well. I get the distinct feeling it was someone looking for three free roosters for their freezer anyway.

I ought to look for other places to list them at this point. It's becoming clear that no one looking on craigslist is really interested in fancy chickens, at least not more obscure fancy chickens like them. :hmm

Yeah, I got the feeling it was the thanks but no thanks version on that one. No word since they hit me with the 'ok thanks' the day I posted that. :idunno Oh, well. I get the distinct feeling it was someone looking for three free roosters for their freezer anyway.

I ought to look for other places to list them at this point. It's becoming clear that no one looking on craigslist is really interested in fancy chickens, at least not more obscure fancy chickens like them. :hmm
Are you on FB at all? There are poultry groups there with people that might be looking for quality roosters.

I have a facebook account, yes. I just don't use it all that much. I was under the impression they were pretty strict about selling animals and animal products on there, though. Is that not the case?

I have a facebook account, yes. I just don't use it all that much. I was under the impression they were pretty strict about selling animals and animal products on there, though. Is that not the case?
They are. But, there are ways around it. Groups usually have rules and apparently the rules help to get around the restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom