Pipped baby chick had bubble around next to it’s beak

randomchickperson

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2021
Hi there, I recently hatched my first eggs. One of the eggs had pipped and then when I went to check in it again, I saw that it had died and a yellow clear bubble was next to its beak, preventing it from moving or zipping. I had had problems controlling the humidity and think that it may have been too high, was that the problem? Did the yolk sac rupture? I don’t have any pictures but I would love some info about what happened here :) thank you

Hi there, I recently hatched my first eggs. One of the eggs had pipped and then when I went to check in it again, I saw that it had died and a yellow clear bubble was next to its beak, preventing it from moving or zipping. I had had problems controlling the humidity and think that it may have been too high, was that the problem? Did the yolk sac rupture? I don’t have any pictures but I would love some info about what happened here :) thank you
I've found yellow material near my passed away hatching chicks as well. It's possibly your chick ruptured the yolk sack before it was fully absorbed.

Back
Top Bottom