Pipped?? Membrane intact?

Crystal Chicken

Chirping
Mar 29, 2023
Ontario, Canada
I noticed this chicken egg was internally pipped 24 hours ago, I only candled it last night so it could have been internally pipped for longer. It externally pipped about 8 hours ago, but I can't tell if it's broken the membrane or not. Should I make sure that it's broken the outer membrane or will it be ok to leave it until the morning. I haven't seen it make much of an effort to continue hatching. It's day 19 so it's a little early.

Thank you!

1680285877.jpg

are we talking about this egg?
7FB27B09-4B9F-4150-8A75-B03091CE55C5.png

This egg has externally pipped and is looking good 👍 the best advice I had when hatching was “sit on your hands, let Mother Nature do her work” chicks can hatch a couple of days before or after 🤷‍♀️
Edited to add it will be absolutely fine and has broken the membrane.

honestly, i leave my eggs alone at hatch time until i hear them crying and theyre out .. i used to have an anxiety attack and be opening the bator and candling and wondering what i should be doing, and all that made no difference in the outcome .. just make sure the temp stays right, a nice warm and cozy 100-101 coaxes them out more than anything, dont let it get cool, ie, dont be opening it up unecessarily .. and in a small bator i take them out as they hatch so they arnt playing soccer with the remaining eggs .. just make it quick, grab them wet, and close ut quick and have the brooder all warmed up waiting for them ..

honestly, i leave my eggs alone at hatch time until i hear them crying and theyre out .. i used to have an anxiety attack and be opening the bator and candling and wondering what i should be doing, and all that made no difference in the outcome .. just make sure the temp stays right, a nice warm and cozy 100-101 coaxes them out more than anything, dont let it get cool, ie, dont be opening it up unecessarily .. and in a small bator i take them out as they hatch so they arnt playing soccer with the remaining eggs .. just make it quick, grab them wet, and close ut quick and have the brooder all warmed up waiting for them ..
Thank you for the reply :) I will leave them alone.

are we talking about this egg? View attachment 3450854
This egg has externally pipped and is looking good 👍 the best advice I had when hatching was “sit on your hands, let Mother Nature do her work” chicks can hatch a couple of days before or after 🤷‍♀️
Edited to add it will be absolutely fine and has broken the membrane.
Yes that egg 🥰
Ok awesome thank you! I was not in a rush to help it as everytime I think it's struggling I see it moving so I am not worried yet. But just wanted to get a more experienced point of view ☺️

Yes that egg 🥰
Ok awesome thank you! I was not in a rush to help it as everytime I think it's struggling I see it moving so I am not worried yet. But just wanted to get a more experienced point of view ☺️
It takes an absolute while for the chick to absorb the yolk etc, so if you don’t see any movement, try not to worry, it is also very tiring for the chick to do all of that and hatch as well. When hatched, your chicks will sleep more than they are active, I thought one of my chicks had died, I had an absolute meltdown until one of our members explained it was natural 😅 they are just sleeping, recovering. My anxiety still goes thru the roof at hatching, and I have been incubating for yrs.

It takes an absolute while for the chick to absorb the yolk etc, so if you don’t see any movement, try not to worry, it is also very tiring for the chick to do all of that and hatch as well. When hatched, your chicks will sleep more than they are active, I thought one of my chicks had died, I had an absolute meltdown until one of our members explained it was natural 😅 they are just sleeping, recovering. My anxiety still goes thru the roof at hatching, and I have been incubating for yrs.
Well that is good to know!! Hopefully I won't panic when the chicks sleep 😂

I am glad I'm not the only one with anxiety about hatching, however I am sad to see it never goes away! 😓

Back
Top Bottom