Pipped wrong end...

I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe the little one is just taking a break. But congrats on your new babies. I wish you luck on your others.

I am a little behind you on the hatch. I started my hatch on the 14th. We had 2 power outages so I was thinking my hatch would be late but this morning I have a pip and she is peeping
smile.png

Tina

I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe the little one is just taking a break. But congrats on your new babies. I wish you luck on your others.

I am a little behind you on the hatch. I started my hatch on the 14th. We had 2 power outages so I was thinking my hatch would be late but this morning I have a pip and she is peeping
smile.png

Tina

Congrats!

It's possible it is taking a break, I will give it some time...it has been over 24 hours since it pipped, when I zipped it some everything was absorbed, so it could have come out at any time. I will try to let nature take it's course

Congrats!

It's possible it is taking a break, I will give it some time...it has been over 24 hours since it pipped, when I zipped it some everything was absorbed, so it could have come out at any time. I will try to let nature take it's course
I love how patient your being! I think that's key. Well day 24 huh? How much zip did you do for it? Guessing you used that Bactrin stuff again? Can you see it better now?
I watched mine, and when it's breathing stayed really slow I finally helped it. (After everyone else was finished) Mine was 36 hours after pip, but mine all hatched on 20 and 21, so my fear of helping too early was higher. I used a tiny piece of sponge (barely damp, not wet) on the end of a straw, I could place it through the vent hole at the top of my bator to help keep the membrane moist. Maybe I got lucky, but that chick is perfectly healthy and one of the flock leaders now. I could tell a real difference in the one who needed help and the other backwards piper who got out on its own. It was the lack of any progress after 24 hours that tipped me off. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted! I love that we can be learning from one another's experiences!

I love how patient your being! I think that's key. Well day 24 huh? How much zip did you do for it? Guessing you used that Bactrin stuff again? Can you see it better now?
I watched mine, and when it's breathing stayed really slow I finally helped it. (After everyone else was finished) Mine was 36 hours after pip, but mine all hatched on 20 and 21, so my fear of helping too early was higher. I used a tiny piece of sponge (barely damp, not wet) on the end of a straw, I could place it through the vent hole at the top of my bator to help keep the membrane moist. Maybe I got lucky, but that chick is perfectly healthy and one of the flock leaders now. I could tell a real difference in the one who needed help and the other backwards piper who got out on its own. It was the lack of any progress after 24 hours that tipped me off. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted! I love that we can be learning from one another's experiences!

Well, I am pretty sure he has died...there is no movement at all :(

The other chick I helped is stuck in the bottom of his shell, it's fused to him and I think he is struggling to live...contemplating putting out of his misery :(

Well, I am pretty sure he has died...there is no movement at all :(

The other chick I helped is stuck in the bottom of his shell, it's fused to him and I think he is struggling to live...contemplating putting out of his misery :(
Oh no! I'm so sorry! But don't blame yourself. You did a great job and sometimes it's just the way it'a meant to be. How are the others doing?

Oh no! I'm so sorry! But don't blame yourself. You did a great job and sometimes it's just the way it'a meant to be. How are the others doing?

I think I was able to save said chick! I ran warm water over him (not his head) and was able to get everything off of him. He is now back in the bator fluffing up. I do have to boot one of his feet though :)

That is amazing!!!! Yay!
wee.gif

Good job!!! And I have zero experience with boots! But I wish it and you the best of luck! What a crazy first experience hatching! (This was your first right) I'd say you've earned your badges!

That is amazing!!!! Yay!
wee.gif

Good job!!! And I have zero experience with boots! But I wish it and you the best of luck! What a crazy first experience hatching! (This was your first right) I'd say you've earned your badges!

Yes, my first. It was very stressful! I didn't think I would have to help as many as I did...but I learned a lot from the whole experience, not just about hatching, but about myself as well.

Back
Top Bottom