Pipping issues? Advice please

Felicitas

Songster
11 Years
Oct 17, 2008
Northern Metro Atlanta, GA USA
I have eight eggs which have pipped, but none seem to have broken the membrane. All but one have just managed to crack the shells a bit. One pipped at about eight last night but hasn't moved at all. Another pipped around 10 last night and is rocking and cheeping fiercely but the pip site has not changed. The one egg that managed to get a small section of shell completely off, the membrane appears intact and is white.

Humidity is about 68%. Hatch "due" date is tomorrow evening. Should I let them be for now?

Yup, let them be and DONT OPEN THE BATOR ( I know it's hard) Your hum sounds good, they need time to rest and get ready for hatch !!

They can take 24+ hours to hatch fully after piping. Somtimes the first to pip is the last to hatch.

Good luck, keep us updated
pop.gif

Thanks so much.
thumbsup.gif

Just checked again and the little one that has been rocking so strongly has managed to make another break next to the first pip, so I guess that means she is able to move and has started the zipping process? I feel better.

I have found the more you want them to come out the longer they will take, must be a baby thing !!

They sound fine !! As long as there is a pip they are getting air and breathing !!

Back
Top Bottom