PIPPING!!

Kitsune

Songster
12 Years
Feb 2, 2007
Manchester - England
I have pippage!

8 remaining eggs from 17 set, the 9 discards were clear (I knew some would be infertile so they probably were.) now 2 are pipping and I had forgotten how exciting this part of the process could be!

I've lost two of my rescued hens in the past week so really needed something to cheer me up - I just hope they all make it out ok. I've had to put them on paper towels in the incy and I just hope that won't make it too dry, the air humidity is still over 70 so I hope I'm worrying about nothing.

I can't wait to see them - whenever I've crossed with black silkies before the chicks have all been black, but that was with a black silkie hen, this is with a roo so I'm wondering if all these will be black too...

I want to know!!

patience.. must have patience!

Come on little chickies!
yippiechickie.gif

He is out, but early - still has yolk attached, I've taken off the shell as he was kicking it about so now the yolk and inner membrane are still attached to his belly. He's staying laid down which is good, just hope he stays there till he's absorbed the yolk now. The other early pip has stayed in the shell so hopefully that one will be in a better state when it comes out.

one of the other 6 has internally pipped, heard the cheeping when I was sorting that one out. Humidity is back down to 70% after that so hopefully will stay there....

Time for a sleepless night!

Back
Top Bottom