pixie was put down today,just posting these pics so that hopefully you can learn with me. warning,

once again thank you for your help kathy. so based on the link you sent, finding a quality breeder, is my best preventative. I love the sex links, so i understand that they are more prone to this. I may venture out the next time i get chicks, and venture into other breeds.I saw a pic of a lavender orphington, i may just have to those! i love lavender! but should my other rsl's start down this slope, it sounds like a round of antimicrobial treatment will help. i would even begin to know where to find that! hopefully i wont have to! thanks again everyone.

Caught early enough I think many birds can be treated with something like Baytril, but Baytril s banned for us in poultry, so that's something to think about.

-Kathy

Thanks to @mirandaleecon for commenting about the repro tract and how it's separate from the digestive tract!

-Kathy

Thank you. So I think i confused myself in that the vent and the cloaca are not the same hole!!!! You'd think I'd know this by now!!! I thought that somehow both tracts shared an exit hold. Thanks again Kathy.

Back
Top Bottom