Placement Of Vent Holes

saddlebags

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
weatherford Texas
I couldnt help myself I finally had to build an incubator after reading posts on the forum. Its almost completely finished I just was wondering were to drill my vent holes.Dimensions are 21"x23" 12"high.And I have I have a fan for air movement .Should the hole be drilled in the back at the bottom or top and what size should the be? I will add pics when I get the top back on after it dries.Thanks for your help.

11-4-07006.jpg

11-4-07002.jpg

Last edited:
I have read somewhere that you need 2 vent holes on each panel. One near the top and one under the eggs. I haven't seen any bators on this site.. LOL, not anywhere.. with so many vents, but it works for me in my small bators. As long as you make a plan to be able to close them.

You be the judge!

smile.png

If you've ever seem the foam ones, they have several 1/8" holes all around the bottom, drilled maybe 1/4" off the floor so water doesn't run out. I have several holes in ours with one 1" one near the top that I can plug with a wine cork to let out humidity as well

I have several small ones for air circulation near the bottom and two 3/4 inch holes at the top that I plug with corks for humidity control.

That is a good looking 'bator! Wooohooo go you!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom