placing eggs in carton inside incubator

wistlindixie

Songster
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
Any thoughts on this? HOw to do know if you've turned them correctly. Are spinning the eggs in the carton the same and flipping/rolling the eggs lying horizontal on the floor of the incubator?

Quote:
Oh, for the love (whacking self on head). I was trying a couple of days ago to figure out how to put my eggs in cartons in the incubator and tip them side to side without getting too close to the heating element. Couldn't for the life of me figure it out. OBVIOUSLY, one tips the whole incubator! and OBVIOUSLY, I've misplaced a few brain cells in not figuring out that incredibly simple solution! Oy. I'm just going to bang my head on the desk for a bit now--might realign those neural pathways...

ok that makes sense but how does one tilt the incubator without spilling the water that is in the bottom? i'm getting ready to set eggs next week for the first time and am trying to figure out whether to use egg cartons or not. seems easier tho to do it with them.

Fill the water reservoir only about 3/4 of the way. The humidity is developed through the SURFACE area, and the depth is only to avoid having to fill it frequently.

The water won't spill if you tilt the Octagon20 to the flat spots as far as what would equate to about 8 o'clock one way, and 4 o'clock the other way. Hope that makes sense!

hmm.png
I just use turners... I have it easy untill day 19
cool.png
Then let the freak out fest begin
barnie.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom