Plant cuttings need a new home!

Snarflogus

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Middle of Kansas
I recently trimmed my succulent garden and my dragon fruit. The result was about a million little cuttings now need new homes!
The sticks with little strings are the dragon fruit cuttings and these are the ones I am most excited to send out. I love watching the babies grow up and a picture of one of its kiddos is attached too!
Then there's a fuzzy panda plant or chocolate soldier, unsure. The bright green spiky one may be alligator aloe? It'll just get taller, not wider, than the cutting pictured. The last variety is uh....a mystery. It has small leaves and grows pretty tall, sort of like a jade plant.
The cuttings themselves are free if you promise to send pictures of them in their new homes, you just have to pay to ship. They can be shipped to any state since they've been grown only inside and I can remove the roots for shipment to California. I'm also down for a cutting swap if it's a particularly neat one!

Attachments

• 20210614_224530.jpg
    20210614_224530.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210609_193940.jpg
    20210609_193940.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210514_204319.jpg
    20210514_204319.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi! Where are you, in general? Can you add it to your profile, then people will have some idea of how far away these plants are. Thanks! (Do you think dragonfruit would grow in Missouri?) 😉

Hi! Where are you, in general? Can you add it to your profile, then people will have some idea of how far away these plants are. Thanks! (Do you think dragonfruit would grow in Missouri?) 😉
I'm in Midwest Kansas. How do I add it to my profile? Also, yes. We just had to bring it in over the winter and I have a false sun lamp for it.

I'm in Midwest Kansas. How do I add it to my profile? Also, yes. We just had to bring it in over the winter and I have a false sun lamp for it.
I'm not sure. I did mine when I set up my account but I don't remember how in a way that I can easily explain it. @aart has a graphic showing how. @aart, will you help us out, please? Thanks.

Do you have any that can grow in low light conditions? My kid loves plants, but his room is in the northwest corner of the house! I'd love something a bit more unique than the usual spider plant. . .

Do you have any that can grow in low light conditions? My kid loves plants, but his room is in the northwest corner of the house! I'd love something a bit more unique than the usual spider plant. . .
These have been growing in the back room with a north-facing window. They'll be just fine in low light. Only the dragon fruit needs to be outdoors during the growing season, the rest are indoor plants and should stay that way.
A strong bedroom light will be enough to keep them pretty happy too.
Edit: The picture of the larger baby dragon fruit that is inside has never been outside actually, but it does have a southern window. So it can tolerate indoors pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom