Plants Safe for Button Quail?

Quote:
It has a little door on the front. It is actually a mesh cage made for reptiles, here is what it looks like -

http://www.petco.com/product/111932/Zilla-Fresh-Air-Screen-Habitat-for-Reptiles.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-ProductDetail_2-_-Zilla%20Fresh%20Air%20Screen%20Habitat%20for%20Reptiles-111932

I'm
hoping to get the Buttons to a point where opening the cage frequently won't bother them, but we'll see
smile.png

I love that cage and want a few myself. lol...

Well...
Quaillady beat me to the safe list. lol.. I had to leave for last min. shopping.

I have mint and Rosemary in my walk in Aviary, but no birds yet, so I don't know how bad they may nibble. Another thing you could do is shallow dishes or bird seed grass. Just plant a simple finch seed mix and it will grow like grass.

ETA: Plant several a few days apart and you can just rotate them.

Thats a great idea! I'm going to try that
big_smile.png
Thanks

Replying so I will remember that list for later. It's awesome! Are there any kinds of grasses they shouldn't be around? I have Coturnix, not Buttons, but I'd imagine they're relatively the same, right?

Thank you for this! All of it was very helpful for me and my quail. I have gotten her baby tears and she seems to enjoy it.

Lavender works as a calming plant. You can grow it and dry or use an oil to keep your quail calm. I find the dry herb better because you can just sprinkle it around the cage. If you use the oil you can make a spray it or defuse it.

Back
Top Bottom